Wednesday 19 October 2016

October '16 Empties


When I kinda had it in my head that I was going to start blogging again, I made a conscious effort to save my empties. I used to love writing these before and they are also one of my favourite posts to read. I am just to nosey for my own good. Lets get started...

We'll start with the three Lush items, if you are new to Sian Marie Beauty well firstly welcome and secondly I am a massive Lush lover. It will be rare you won't see a Lush item in an empties post. I have three in this months, Marilyn was a dream to use. For someone who has bleached hair this really helped keep brassy tones away without having to use a silver shampoo. You apply it straight to dry hair before you wash it. I would leave this on for about 20-30 minutes then rinse it off. A very pampering product if you ask me, I haven't repurchased this yet as I can't find it in store. But as soon as I find one or do an online order I will certainly pick up another one.

If I remember rightly Ocean Salt has been featured in an empties before, I love this scrub. I'm not going to waffle on about this scrub, just pop to your local Lush pick one up and you can thank me later. Last Lush product I love is Comforter, the bubble bar is my all time favourite. When they released the shower cream, well I had to make it mine. I adore this shower cream, it's very moisturising and leaves your skin smelling like one big blackcurrent. I don't need to repurchase this though anytime soon, I already have two 500g in my stash to work my way through.

Keeping on the shower theme, I have another two shower gels to talk about. Beauticology only comes into my life at Christmas time in them lovely sets, never a bad present. I know Comforter is a blackcurrent scent but this is blackcurrent macaroon. It was a lot sweeter, the only downside I find to Beauticology products are they don't create a lot of bubbles. But it smelt good, it left a sweet scent after. Next up is a very luxurious product that came in a recent BirchBox Nuxe Prodigieux, now don't ask me to say that; I have no idea. This shower oil was incredible to use, it was gold and sparkled with an amazing scent. I took it away with me on a weekend away and used it as a treat. It didn't foam up a lot but with it being an oil I wasn't expecting a lot of foam. This isn't a product I would use on the daily but as a treat it was perfect.

Last personal hygiene product is a toothpaste. I went through a little phase of only buying these Oral-B 3D White in Brilliance for a long while and yes it is a good toothpaste as in keeping your mouth clean. I didn't feel that it did much to actually whitening my teeth. So not really gonna keep buying this, I gave it a good go.

Three more items to go, it wouldn't be an empties post on here and not have a pack of makeup wipes. Yes I know you should use them, but shoot me, I can be a little lazy when it comes to my makeup removal routine. Nivea 3-in-1 Refreshing Cleansing wipes, did exactly what they say on the tin. Took my makeup off and left my skin feeling clean. Not my absolute favourite when it comes to a makeup wipe, but they did the job.

Now I hate to end my post on a negative note but the next two products were let downs. Model Co Power Lash, I either received in a BirchBox or a blogging bag, I am not sure which. Either way it has been sat in my draw for months. I have been trying to use up my stash and used this for work. It lengthened my lashes, but it just flaked off throughout the day. It dried up pretty fast too, not a mascara I would repurchase. Lastly a product I wanted to love. I really did. But I just didn't get on with it. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper,  has such a hype on it. I can remember when it was launched and everyone in USA lost their s**t over it. So when a friend of mine went to USA I asked for her to bring me on back. The nib is very sturdy and hasn't frayed in the slightest and it also stays on, like this doesn't budge. But its just not black enough for me. It's more of a dark grey if you ask me and I don't want that. I want black like my soul. I am not sure if anyone else has thought like this, I am gutted it doesn't do what I wanted it to do.

What have you used up recently?!

Follow me on 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig