Wednesday 26 October 2016

My Favourite Films


Lets have a little step back from beauty today and chill. Nothing better than chilling out with your favourite film, in bed with a cuppa. Even better if you have someone else to cuddle up too, pets included. I am a massive fan of films, I can't think of anything better than getting curled up in bed and just forgetting reality for a while. In this post I am going to talk about my favourite films and why I love them so much.

Okay, so lets get my biggest love out of the way. Harry Potter. I am obsessed. I don't even want to think about how many times I have watched these films. I am currently re watching them as my boyfriend has only seen the first 2. I love watching them with Potter virgins, it makes it so much more fun as they don't have a clue. Luckily for me, he is loving them. Admittedly I prefer the last 4 in the 8 movies, but I do just love Potter in general. I find them very easy to watch, maybe that is because I have watched them 4594059 times. I also love learning new things about the movies so little side stories that you only notice after you have watched them a few times. The little details that aren't obvious. Sadly though, if you are not a Harry Potter fan we can simply not be friends haha!

Another series that I love is Sex and the City. I am obsessed with the TV series and the movies. I always put these on when I am feeling a little down and I just needs some girl power vibes being sent my way. The first film always makes me cry when Big stands up Carrie and then when Steve cheats on Miranda but in the end these films are very uplifting with a lot of laughs in them. And WOW the fashion, I am not the most fashionable of people but Jesus these films make me wish I was them and I could strut up and down New York.

For the days when I need to have a bloody good cry, The Notebook is always there waiting for me. I don't think I have ever watched this film and not balled my eyes out. I even know the exact point I will cry and without fail tears pour. Noah and Ally have the most beautiful and stressful relationship I have ever known, but how much they love each other its inspiring to have that sort of love. This can't live without each other love. Now I know in the real world this can't happen but for 2 hours I can pretend that Noah is talking to me and I am going to end up on the bed with him at the end, not spending a day apart.

Next up is one that I couldn't take a photo of because I can't find my DVD, but Fifty Shades of Grey is also a major love of mine. I know it isn't the best film ever produced but do you know what. I do not care. I loved the books, I loved the film. I fancy the main character a little too much. There is no harm on having a good old perv on a gorgeous billionaire now is there and if there is, well I will happily burn in hell!

Lastly is probably my all time favourite film. The Little Mermaid holds so many childhood memories. This film came out the year I was born and I think it was one of the first films that my parents introduced me too. I loved it that much that when I was 4/5, I would watch this on a loop. Now boys & girls of this day and age you wouldn't understand the troubles this caused. Okay so one there was NO DVDs or digital downloads, we had videos. Google it if you don't know what a video is and a video had to rewind it before you could watch it again. So imagine my mum, having to listen to The Little Mermaid on loop and every 90 minutes rewind it so I could watch it again. I now totally understand why they got me my own TV and video player in my room when I was 5. I am sorry mum and dad for this. I know every word to every song in this film and I am not afraid to admit that. Basically this film just makes me happy.

What films do you love to watch?! 

Follow me on 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig