Wednesday 28 September 2016

Keeping Blonde Hair Healthy



Now that I have gone back to being blonde, I need to keep my hair in a good healthy condition. To me personally there is nothing worse than someone with lovely blonde hair that is dull and damaged. To do this I I use the three following products;

John Frieda 7 Day Volume

Sadly for my hair it isn’t the thickest going, so I have to do all I can to keep it looking thick and healthy. I received this full sized John Frieda 7 Day Volume in a Birchbox a few months ago. And yes I did what most people do with Birchboxs, I tossed it to one side and forgotten about it. It wasn’t until recently that I pulled it out and oh my I was so impressed. On the bottle it tells you to use a tiny amount, well I did that and to be perfectly honest I didn’t like the outcome. I didn't wanna give up on it there and then so upon the next use I used a little more and this gave me a way better outcome. It’s so easy to use, squirt a few pumps into your hand once you have shampooed and conditioned, massage it on to the roots and leave for 5 minutes. Although I tend to leave it longer as I use my shower like a karaoke bar. Once I have belted out a couple of songs, I wash it off. Just blow dry your hair as normal you will see the difference in your hair, it'll be so bouncy and full of volume. 


With this product, it lasts 7 days. Well apparently, what I have found is the volume lasts about 4-5 days with a couple of washes in between. I try and wash my hair every 2/3 days, if not it goes as greasy as hell. With each wash you see the volume disappear, but is this really a bad thing? Nothing is ever gonna keep thin hair super volumised forever now is it? For me, the £9.99 price tag is a fair amount to pay for a hair treatment such as this one. I've used mine now about 4 times and I don't think its anywhere near being empty soon.


Bleach London Silver Shampoo


Oh my, one of my all time favourite blonde hair products. I have gone through countless bottles of this in my blonde life. As far as silver shampoos go, Bleach London will always be my holy grail of them all! I even love the smell of it, which if you have smelt it before; its not the most pleasant of scents out there. One of the downsides to this shampoo is that it stains. Tile grout, your bath, your forehead. If it touches it and you don't realise it's there, it'll stain! I've found this out the hard way, can you tell? 


I try and use this at least once every two weeks, to keep any brassy tones at bay. If I am having a night out I will use it a little more to give my hair a real brightening treatment. A little like above I leave this product on my hair for about 5-10 minutes whilst I sing my heart out to a couple more songs. Now I haven't used the silver shampoo condition with this, so if you have please let me know what it is like in the comments below!

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration


Hello my favourite hair mask ever. First of all, the smell. Oh my THE SMELL. Coconut. I adore coconut products as I find it a very "clean" smell. I have used a lot of hair masks in my time to keep my hair hydrated and healthy and don't get me wrong they have all done a good job but nothing has ever wowed me. But this one is something else. I have purchased this a few times now purely because the outcome is exactly what I want from a hair mask. 

Hello Hydration is a thick mask that I always use after my silver shampoo as this makes my hair feel a little dry. This brings my hair back to its normal state. I apply a good handful all over my hair roots to the tip, leave it on for a good 5 to 10 minutes. In the colder months I have popped a plastic bag over my hair too, to help it sink in more. I haven't found that it leaves any residue nor does it ever feel greasy which some masks can do. As you can tell, I think I am a little in love with this product and for less than a fiver it's a bargain! 

Have you tried any of these products, or have any recommendations lets me know!
 
Follow me on 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig