Friday 19 December 2014

Lush New Shampoo Bar

Hello there;

You know when you buy something, all excited to try it out, get home put it somewhere safe and then forget ALL about it? Yep I did exactly that with this. I mean its been in my cupboard for months. Odds are it out of date but I am still going to use it as I brought it and there is no way I am going to throw it away now is there! 

 I can remember the day when I brought it, I was desperate for my hair to grow. My hair literally takes an age to grow. So when I saw that Lush had a hair stimulating shampoo bar, I knew I needed to try it out. 

FAST FORWARD 4 MONTHS...

And I have finally used it...

Straight off the smell is amazing. With cinnamon, clove and peppermint to help stimulate your hair follicles to help growth. It is such a warming smell, a little Christmassy if you please. The New shampoo bar retails at £5.75 which at first I thought was a little expensive, I mean you can get a lot of shampoos for under £3 if you buy them on offer at a supermarket. But from this 55g bar you can get up 80 washes! Yes 80. Granted its probably more 80 if you have very short hair but nonetheless that is a lot of washes. I kinda wish I had a tally going to see how many washes it lasts me. 

Like any other shampoo, to use this you just wet your hair and then I rub the bar into my roots. You only need to do this for a couple of seconds and your hair will be full of suds. This surprised me as I thought I would really need to work this into my hair. Once you have sufficient suds, wash your hair and rinse out. 

After using this I have noticed that my hair felt a little more brittle than it was before, due to this I only use it now once a week and make sure I have a heavy duty conditioner to use after. I want my hair to grow more not snap off! I'm not saying though that this isn't stimulating my roots, I haven't really been using this long enough to noticed any difference in length. But I am going to continue using it! 

Have you tried any of the Lush shampoo bars?


Follow me on 




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've never tried their shampoo bars but now I am intrigued especially when you say it last for up to 80 washes wow! Need to check them out for myself soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought one of the new ones - Jason And The Argan Oil! I can't wait to try it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really interesting! It is good to know they are so soapy too. I always put products away or buy a new lip product, use it once then it ends up forgotten in a handbag, but then it is so exciting when you find them again! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try one of the Lush shampoo bars, they seem like such a refreshing idea! And as someone with a lot of hair I'd love to see if they last as long as they say they will!

    Katie || K NEL xx

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig