Wednesday 27 August 2014

Posie Balm

Hello there;

A few months ago I realised that I had racked up £30 on my BirchBox account. Now I could have left it there and not spent it. But come on I am a weak weak person and couldn't resist going onto their online shop and snooping around.

I decided on getting a couple of Benefit goodies! 

Posie Balm
I am such a sucker for a lip balm. I am not even joking, I think I now have 15 in my stash?! And I do use them for work so I think 15 is an okay number to have. But enough of that, lets talk about Posie Balm.

When Benefit released these in back in June I thought they looked beautiful, but a tad out of my price range. So when I had technically free money from BirchBox, I knew I needed one. The hardest choice was picking between Posie, Bene, Cha Cha and Lolli balm. They all have a slight tint to them representing the every so famous Cheek Tints sisters. 

I am so glad I went for Posie balm as the packaging for the actual balm is beautiful.

Posie Balm

Posie Balm

Beautiful rose gold packaging. That was nearly next to impossible to photograph when flash is needed. Please forgive me?

The consistency of the product is dreamy, it glides onto your lips leaving them feeling instantly softer and hydrated! What I would prefer from this is the balm had a slight scent, but sadly it smells of nothing. I think MAC lipstick have spoilt me. 

The colour pay off this is literally a tint! I did think it would be a little more pigmented but I do like the subtle hint of pink that this leaves on my lips. It does need topping up over the day too, the balm isn't as hydrating as a few other balms I have used over the years. But man the prettiness makes up for it. I am such a magpie.





SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Love the look of this, the packaging is so beautiful!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dino's Beauty Diary28 August 2014 at 11:20

    Looks gorgeous, I've been eyeing these up for ages. Will have to keep an eye on my birch box points, I'd completely forgot about them until you just reminded me haha!
    Xo

    www.dinosbeautydiary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this shade. I've never had a subscription to birch box, but I've had my eye on doing it. Lovely post!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about this, but then if I have colour I lips I don't do things by half and want full on lipstick colour! Saying that, I love anything Benefit so I am sure I will fall in love if I try it!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lipstick is stunning! So is the packaging. x

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beaut! I always pick this up in Boots but can't bring myself to pay that on a lipbalm.. I would do what you did and use saved points! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I love the packaging a little too much :')


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Let me know if you get one :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's worth getting hun :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ill bring it with me next week :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. No I can understand why, only reason I got it was because I had the BirchBox points.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep! I will let you try mine though ;)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this looks like a lovely product but I couldn't justify the price on a lip balm / tint. I think it's great that you got it with your points though! :D xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig