Monday 16 June 2014

MAC Russian Red

Hello there;

Here is another new MAC lipstick I have purchased over the last month. Ive been a little MAC crazy lately. This post is dedicated to the beautiful Russian Red. I make it no secret that I am a massive Ruby Woo fan. But Russian Red is quickly become another one of my favourite red lipsticks. 



So pretty.

Now I am not lying to you when I say I got this for £10.50. All MAC lipsticks are £15. But when you see it THAT cheap, you cannot not get it. If you want to know where I got it so cheap from. A website has recently entered my life and quite literally took over it. https://cohorted.co.uk, every Monday they release 4 products that start at the RRP and as more people buy the product the cheaper they get. Only to a certain percentage. It is now my Monday ritual, even when I am at work. Shhh don't tell anyone. 
I would and have recommended this to so many people. So far I have saved £16 in totally compared to the usual RRP. 

Right back to the product. 


Russian Red is pretty much as "classic" red in my eyes. Goes with most outfits and make up. And is a one swipe wonder. I love how pigmented MAC lipsticks are. No messing about here.

Again this is a matte lipstick, so make sure you have used a lip scrub and a hydrating lip balm before this is applied. It will save you a lot of hassle later on in the day/night! 

Like all over MAC matte lipsticks, the staying powder of this is amazing. I wore it out for a night out a couple of weeks ago and I think I reapplied it twice? I was drinking, singing my heart out throughout the night. A slight downside is this does stain a little. The day after I had rosy red lips for a while. Just a heads up!

What other MAC lipsticks would you recommend?
Let me know in the comment section below.

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I've really been liking Toying Around from the Playland collection, it's gorgeous!
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it! We all have to treat ourselves now and again ;D

      Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
      xo

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous colour! I'll definitely have to try the cohorted website x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Russian Red is so pretty! Compliments your skin tone so perfectly too :) I love a red lipstick for special occasions!


    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really suits you, it looks gorgeous! I love MAC Lipsticks xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a classic with red lipsticks, everyone loves it. It looks lovely on too, but I am gutted I missed the Cohorted offer, too slow haha.

    Belle ♥ xxx
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Naked 1 palette last night too off there!

      Sian
      xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Russian Red is the next MAC lipstick on my list, I've wanted it for ages but recently I've heard so many people talking about it and how it's the perfect red. Definitely going to pick it up next time I'm in MAC :)

    Meg | Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Meg!! I hope you like it just as much as I do :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing website with us! I have just had a look and I will deffo be on that every Monday!

    Rebekah from Rebekah Hannah Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing lipstick,great shade!
    Love your blog and hope that we could stay in touch!
    Xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cult classic. It is the perfect red lipstick!

    thebeautyinformer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%, I think this is a defiant staple in my make up collection

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig