Tuesday 24 June 2014

Lush Cupcake

Hello there;

A chocolate face mask?! 
Smells good enough to eat. 
But don't eat it, trust me on this one. 

You are probably are already aware of, I love Lush. I want to try it all. Sadly my bank account will not let me. God damn you bills. Anywhooo, my skin went through a bit of a "teenage" phase. So I had to treat it like teenage skin. In comes the Cupcake face mask from Lush.

As you can see from the label, this face mask is aimed at teenagers and people with oily skin. Now this is what my skin was like. An oil slick. BLURGH it was horrible. I couldn't wait to get this back home, run a bath and smoother myself in this.

Hello finger marks
A little goes a long way with this face mask. It smooths onto your face so easily, I thought it was going to be a little harder to apply than it is. But thank god I don't have to drag it over my face. The consistency of this mask is lovely, not too thick yet not too thin so it feels like you have nothing there.

Once the mask is on your face, I leave it for 20 minutes. Letting it set on my face, you can feel it setting too. This isn't a mask that will go rock hard but you can feel it getting heavier on your skin. Does that even make sense?! 

Once the mask is removed, I find that my skin is very soft! The cocoa powder that makes it chocolatly (shocker right), is great at drawing dirt out of your skin; giving it a really deep clean. Also with in the ingredients is mint to help stimulate the skin, personally I cannot smell mint nor do I feel like my is anymore toned or stimulated. But that could just be me. Finally it contained cocoa butter to help soften your skin. This defiantly works without a shadow of a doubt.

Honestly, I love this mask. It doesn't work great on me if my skin is behaving, so I would opt for my other face masks. But to get my skin into check this is my go to face mask. It has also made me want to try more face masks from Lush.

Which would you suggest for me?


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Well I want to eat this! ha! I've been using their love lettuce mask as of late, which is fab but if this is good for when your skin is having a bad day then I may give this a go x

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just find it great to clear up them nasty under skin impurities. Bloody oil making my face all nasty :p!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used it loads and it has hardly gone down. So I can see where you are coming with on that one. But right now its going okay :p


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francesca Haynes24 June 2014 at 11:54

    oh man, need this just for the smell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aside from the odd spot on the chin mines not too bad so I might not need this? You should deffo try the love lettuce, although it doesn't look as nice as this! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does the Love Lettuce do for your skin? I have never heard of it.
    I can feel a review coming on Julie ;)! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this sounds like a little miracle worker! I've never tried any of the LUSH fresh masks before, but I'd love to xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you need to Gemma! So many different ones to suit your skin needs :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds lovely! I tend to shy away from lush skincare other than the tea tree toner, because sometime I feel like its a bit gimmicky? Don't even know if that makes sense, but lovely review, and I bet that mask smells absolutely amazing:)


    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk


    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see where you are coming from on the gimmick side. But I find the skincare really good :)
    And thank you :D


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanya Lovetere25 June 2014 at 01:25

    I would want to eat this mask! lol. I really like the Mask of Magnaminty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have actually tasted it. I put some a little too close to my bottom lip. I licked my lips and well you know the rest :p!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried that one, but I have hear dgood things :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds lovely. I love the name too :)
    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to try this face mask, the only one I've ever used from LUSH is the Mask of Magnaminty - I love how they use so many natural ingredients and the staff are really well trained on the products.


    Meg | meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you tried it Tara?
    And thank you :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Defiantly Meg :) I always have great service there!
    Let me know how you get on with it.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds perfect for what I need so thank you for replying to my other comment and suggesting this! I am 100% buying this when I go into Lush next! Thanks loads xxx
    tallgirl97.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. No problem at all hun :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig